Mass grave with 800-1,000 Greeks reported near Lapithos

cypriot mass graves

In a report (see here in Greek): http://www.kathimerini.com.cy/index.php?pageaction=kat&modid=1&artid=5374 in the Cyprus edition of Kathimerini, Andreas Paraschos writes of the existence of a mass grave containing the remains of between 800-1,000 Greek Cypriots located near the occupied village of Lapithos, in the Kyrenia district. The alleged site of the mass grave has been designated by the Turkish army as a military zone. It is fenced off with barbed wire and signs have been erected warning about mines, although the Turkish Cypriot daily Afrika, yesterday reported that ‘everyone can walk around in that area as he wishes. No mines have been found until now.’

Read more… Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια του άρθρου »

Αναρτήθηκε στις In English. Ετικέτες: , , , , , , , , . Leave a Comment »

Turkish war crimes uncovered in mass graves in Cyprus

International Desk

MissingThe Turkish army has been accused of war crimes during its illegal invasion in 1974 of Cyprus, which has provoked Greek Cypriots to prepare law suits to prosecute Turkey for war crimes. Following the discovery of human remains in a mass grave confirmed using DNA evidence to be the bodies of five Greek-Cypriot soldiers who appeared in an «iconic» photograph depicting the ferocious military attack instigated by Turkish troops on the Mediterranean island.

The families of the Greek Cypriots have said that the evidence found in the mass graves of the bodies to be that of the men presumed missing for 35 years, were in fact murdered in the custody of Turkish troops.

«It’s a cold-blooded execution,» Andreas Hadjikyriakos, a brother of one of the soldiers told Cyprus state TV. «I can never accept this.» (Associated Press)

The Associated Press in a report said: Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια του άρθρου »

Turkish War Crimes in Cyprus Confirmed, yet again

CYPRUS MISSING PERSONS

Monday, August 10, 2009

http://enocism.blogspot.com/2009/08/turkish-war-crimes-in-cyprus-confirmed.html

For 35 years the story of these five Cypriot solders, (picture in the link above) immortalized in this 1974 photo taken during the illegal Turkish invasion of Cyprus, has been the same as thousands of other missing Cypriots. An entire generation has grown up wondering, as has their relatives, what happen to these young men after they surrendered to Turkish forces? What type of horrors awaited them after this photo was taken? At last that question has finally been answered, as officials with the United Nations led Committee on Missing Persons announced today, that the five solders as well as 14 others Cypriots were found in an abandoned well near the village of Tziaos, inside Occupied Cyprus. The bodies had been exhumed sometime in 2006, and have finally been identified. Διαβάστε τη συνέχεια του άρθρου »